Spring School Holidays
Feels like yesterday that the school term started, and now we quickly find ourselves staring down the barrel of another round of school holidays. Keeping the kids entertained is hard work, but with a little bit of inspiration and planning, it can be an adventure for everyone.
Fun in the Sun Activities
Family Day – Things to do
- Self-Drive Boat Hire – Explore Mandurah’s stunning waterways at your own pace with a hire boat, and you don’t need a boat licence. It great way to spend the day with your family.
- Wildflowers (Explore our parks)- Japan has its cherry blossoms, Amsterdam flourishes with tulips, and Provence, France lights up with lavender fields. Here in Western Australia, we’re famously known as wildflower country. And rightly so.
- Dolphin Watching – A visit to Mandurah wouldn’t be complete without the sighting of at least one dolphin. Come and learn more about our famous inhabitants.
- Parks & Playgrounds – Here are our favourite playgrounds in Mandurah and surroundings. Check them out and let the kids run wild!
- Family Activities – With plenty of coastal, forest and urban adventures to keep everyone in the family entertained, you’ll discover everything holiday memories are made of.
Accommodation in Mandurah
Only an hour from Perth CBD, in Mandurah, you can take your pick from 4.5-star resorts and holiday houses that can overlook the stunning estuary and beaches. Mandurah also has plenty of bed and breakfasts, houseboats and caravan parks to choose from. To book accommodation in Mandurah click here.
Mandurah Visitor Centre’s School Holiday Program
Discover the Birds of Mandurah with Salt and Bush Eco Tours
This is a great way to introduce children to the wonderful world of birds.
Starting at the Mandurah Visitor Centre, take a FREE guided nature birdwatching walk to discover the different species of birds that love the Mandurah Waterways.
Guides from Salt and Bush Eco Tours will help your children to discover more about our local birdlife with a fun birdwatching walk along the foreshore.
Bookings are essential as places are limited. Contact the team at the Mandurah Visitor Centre to secure your place now.
Date: Tuesday 5 October
Time: 10am to 11am (approx. 60mins)
Location: The Mandurah Visitor Centre, 75 Mandurah Terrace. The walking tour will include the Mandurah Foreshore area.
What to Bring: appropriate footwear, sun protection, water
Note: children must be aged 6+ and accompanied by an adult for the entire duration of the tour.
Tennis Club – School Holiday Clinics
September 27/28/29 & October 4/5/6
9am~12pm & 1~4pm
3 hours of fun tennis each day, enrol in as many days as possible if keen to improve your tennis during the school holiday!
- 3 days $105 or $40 per day
- 2 groups, morning session for 6~10yo, afternoon session for 10~15yo • Mandurah Tennis Club
Ready-Made Family Escape Package
Rally up the household and enjoy our amazing Family Getaway Packages. Our fantastic Family Package is ideal for families of 2 adults, 2 children. From only $400.