Top 10 Things to do with the kids in Mandurah
With plenty of coastal, forest and urban adventures to keep everyone in the family entertained, you’ll discover everything holiday memories are made of in Mandurah and the Peel region, only 1 hour south of Perth.
Who doesn’t love free fun, especially when it’s giant-sized? The Giants of Mandurah are a hit with families, and they’re just the beginning of the awesome adventures you can have in and around Mandurah. Check out our handpicked list of the top 10 family-friendly activities in Mandurah and its beautiful surroundings. Let’s make your family time here truly memorable!
The Giants of Mandurah
1. Thomas Dambo’s Giants of Mandurah are undoubtedly Mandurah’s BIGGEST attraction right now. Don’t miss this extraordinary outdoor exhibition that requires you to find these wooden sculptures following a trail of clues. This magical adventure will take you into some of Mandurah’s most iconic landscapes and breathtaking scenery. The Giants of Mandurah are a celebration of diversity and a powerful reminder to protect our precious natural environment.
The Pirate Ship Mandurah
2. Say ahoy and get ready to Yo Ho Ho as you cruise Mandurah’s waterways on the Pirate Ship Mandurah. Did you know that The Pirate Ship Mandurah came in at number 12 in the inaugural family-friendly experiences – world category (!) in the Tripadvisor 2023 Travellers’ Choice Awards?
3. Watch our wild bottlenose dolphins play on the Dolphin Cruise & Views with Mandurah Cruises.
Tourist Fun Train Company
4. Board the Tourist Fun Train Company for a train ride tour. Mini toot, the friendly miniature train, runs along the eastern foreshore and the Big Toot is a hopon/hop off tour for all ages.
Amaze Miniature Park
5. Appeasing the imaginations of those big and small, there are 70 adorable miniature buildings and model trains at Amaze Miniature Park plus hedge mazes mini golf and playground. Great day out for families.
The Bike Kiosk
6. Hire e-bikes and e-scooters from The Bike Kiosk and explore Mandurah or its coastal trails on two wheels.
Mandurah Instagram Trail
7. Take lots of fun photos and create lasting holiday memories by walking the Mandurah Instagram Trail.
Ranger Red’s Zoo
8. To learn about over 100 species of birds and animals, including the Tasmanian devil, head to Ranger Red’s Zoo in Pinjarra (only 20 mins from Mandurah). You should also check out the Zookeeper 4 a Day program where kids can work at the zoo and take on various, but important zookeeper duties.
Treetops Adventure Dwellingup
10. Climb a tree-top obstacle course through the forest at Treetops Adventure in Dwellingup.
Plan your itinerary before your arrival and book in your activities. We look forward to seeing you in Mandurah soon.
Find more inspiration
Take a look at some of our best picks